[Cob] composting toilet - raised bed made of cob

lois hilton loishilton at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 07:25:54 CST 2003

I was really thrilled to read of the Joe Jenkins "Humanure Handbook" fans as I am one myself. I am actually finishing up an outdoor cob "throne" which I made of cob and wood (dead stuff from the woods arond me). It's very small - a two holer - and when filled I will let it settle then use it again until eventually it will be a place to plant some thing(s) that will do well in rich soil and my woodsy environment. I'm in love with cob. I have the base for an earth oven started and have done some cob sculptural insulating stuff in my little partially underground burrow. I'm all for that contest someone suggested! Sustainably yours,       Lois