[Cob] Hybrids - structural flexibility issues

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:12:54 CST 2003

Thanks.  I know I've SEEN it before, not the same as READ it before.
Here's a very good reference for earthquake strength for cob, rammed earth,
earth in cloth bags, etc reference that's by Mr. Menke, a leader in the
field of soil based building materials.

There is a section in this document that shows something similar to hybrid
or rather not having full connected walls all around, but still earthquake
strong.

I suggest this:
    http://www.gtz.de/basin/publications/books/ManualMinke.pdf

I've only read it once, but enjoyed it a lot.

Darel

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.