[Cob] hybrid systems(cobwood)

Kim West kwest at arkansas.net
Tue Nov 11 15:24:41 CST 2003

What are you referring to as rock dust? We used two different kinds of
"sand" in our cob. The first looked like sand but had sharp little pieces of
crushed rock in it. It cut our feet so badly that I had to wrap them in duct
tape by the third or fourth day of stomping cob else give up and admit
defeat. The second load we got was from the dirt hauler's land and it was
all natural--just the way it came from the earth. Never had a prob with it
and it seems to have done quite well. Will know for sure once the house is
finished next year.

Kim