[Cob] Sand

phil phawn1 at excite.com
Tue Nov 11 22:33:03 CST 2003

As I'm not building a house right now, the only stomping I've done is to build a cob oven. The three or four hours I've spent off and on in the mud didn't seem to do much damage to my feet or hands for that matter. There was no doubt that it was abrasive but the clay really seemed to help soften the roughness.

Phil Hawn, President
The North Carolina Natural Building Coalition
http://naturalbuilder.org
cob, strawbale, cordwood and other sustainable earthbuilding techniques