[Cob] Cob and Cobwood hybrid

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 07:39:29 CST 2003

Cobwood? or cordwood? on the bottom.  Somebody posted on the list a week or
so back that Evans and Smiley had visited the Roys and together they had
done cordwood with something very like a cob mix.  It WOULD look cool!

Teresa asks (snipped)

....hybrid of cobwood, for the bottom half of the house, and cob for the
top half?  ...... I also think it would look cooler'n hell.  I am thinking
that there shouldn't be any issues
about diff load bearing since one will be directly on top of the other.
  And of course with cobwood, you can easily integrate the curvey walls
that give cob (which will be on top) its strength.  Also, the thickness
of the walls could so easily be the same, as opposed to a thicker
strawbale wall.