[Cob] Cob and Cobwood hybrid

Teresa Banks tbanks98926 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 02:34:53 CST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone on the list has personally done, or seen a
hybrid of cobwood, for the bottom half of the house, and cob for the
top half.  I am thinking of doing this, because I will probably be
building my house mostly by myself, and want to get in done, and I
think it would go considerably faster that way.  I also think it would
look cooler'n hell.  I am thinking that there shouldn't be any issues
about diff load bearing since one will be directly on top of the other.
 And of course with cobwood, you can easily integrate the curvey walls
that give cob (which will be on top) its strength.  Also, the thickness
of the walls could so easily be the same, as opposed to a thicker
strawbale wall.

Thanks, Teresa