[Cob] Thermal nosebleed >Cob and Cobwood hybrid

Teresa Banks tbanks98926 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 13:16:06 CST 2003

Thank you for your input Charmaine,

Love your website, by the way!  Yes, I definitely do mean cordwood,
with cob as the mortar.  I have since found that cobwood means diff
things to diff people, but that was what my meaning of cobwood was.

So, back to my original question, has anybody done, or known of someone
who has done a cordwood/cob mortar, and cob hybrid, with cordwood on
the bottom, and cob on the top?  Since both can be used as loadbearing,
I don't see why combining them should be an issue.  As far as the
cob/mortar shrinking, or the wood shrinking, and letting in
drafts/letting out heat, it seems that adding a little extra cob in the
cracks (assuming you can find them) would be easy enough.  I wouldn't
want to do a double wall, my intent is to cut down on the work, not
increase it, as I will be doing much of the work by myself.

Thanks, Teresa