[Cob] refrigeration and cob bathtubs!

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:18:48 CST 2003

I realized that my travel trailer has an ammonia absorption
refrigerator--not the intermittent one like the Icyball, but same principle.

Home Power magazine back in '96 had an article on building an absorption
refrigerator.  You COULD find it--without pictures and diagrams--in HTML if
you looked in Google.  Are the Vaneks here related to the woman writing and
editing books on natural building, I wonder.

http://www.homepower.com/files/solarice.pdf

Back a while Charmaine heard from someone who had made a cob bathtub using
hemp oil as the sealant.  Heard anything new from the woman who did it?  We
all want one!  Or I guess we could recoat our roof once a year if it would
take that--combination of sun and water would make it less likely, I'd
think.

Mike Swink on a bunch of things, including waterproof earthen containers and
this:
  The old crosley icy ball is a prime example that only uses sunlight or
small coleman burner that creates 99 F.Degrees. Just put in google ICYBALL
and Crosley.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.