[Cob] newbie roofing question

andrea mcgrath andreamcgrath at dodo.com.au
Tue Nov 18 16:25:55 CST 2003

Hi All,
I'm new to the list (have been in lurk mode for a couple of weeks) and I was wondering if anyone had done cob infill walls?  My plan was to buy a shed (12 x 15 mtrs) frame and roof and have it put up on a slab then build cob walls.  Has any one done this?  Succesfully or otherwise?  Would the uprights - square metal poles - have to be wrapped in hessian like a strawbale needs when being infilled?

Also are there any other Australians on the list?  I'd love to hear how you went about getting building permits, your experience of building/living in a cob home here.

Thanks alot,
Andrea Mc