[Cob] California Plumbing and Electrical Codes

Scott Race scottrace at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 21:57:46 CST 2003

I found the building code created for strawbale in California. What a great
achievement for all that helped get that passed through.  I checked out the
code - even though cob isn't covered, it appears that a cob structure would
be within most of those guidelines. (I wish I knew more about the building
code process!)

Does anyone have any experience getting plumbing and electrical codes passed
for a cob structure?  I know some states allow you to do your own electrical
and plumbing (like Massachusetts), not sure about California, but I guess
that would be another issue as well.