[Cob] Cob at Rivendell Ranch

Rivendell Ranch rivendell_ranch at reachone.com
Wed Dec 3 11:53:19 CST 2003

I'm writing to let you know that I am working on the planning stage now to
build some one and two room cob cabins starting next Spring (2004) here at
Rivendell Ranch. I'm especially looking for people with hands-on cob
experience to lead some workshops, which will actually build the cabins.

Rivendell Ranch is 160 acres of pasture, meadows, creeks and timber on the
SW corner of the Olympic Peninsula in WA State -- 20 miles south of Lake
Quinault and about 20 miles inland from the ocean. The Ranch is being
developed and is dedicated to using organic, perma-culture methodologies,
and special care is being taken to re-create an old growth under story for
the timber, and to respect the long-term health of the timber and meadows.
Rivendell is just getting going, so money is very, very tight. I've made
some good progress on getting a grass fed, organic lamb and hog business
going, and I'm looking forward to a good camping season next year.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping to build the cob cabins,
participate in a natural building material workshop here at the ranch, and
especially if you have the experience and interest in leading a workshop.
I'm also interested in exploring using small logs taken in thinning the
timber to build log cabins, wickiups, long houses and sweat lodges.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Guy Koehler
Rivendell Ranch