[Cob] insulation idea

Brad Calvert umbrella at netspace.net.au
Sun Dec 21 02:42:02 CST 2003

I was wondering how a cob or other heavy wall would go with a swimming pool
blanket over it, the stuff like heavy duty bubble wrap.  The idea is to
allow the sun's rays to still hit the wall, but to reduce heat loss from the
wall to the outside.  The cover would also act to protect the wall from the
weather.

I wonder what the R-value of the plastic cover is?  I believe they help
pools retain heat primarily by reducing evaporation, so maybe the insulation
value is not all that good, but it must be better than nothing, it would
also allow the wall to be more exposed to the sun rather than protected by
eaves.

I guess this would be very ugly, it is just an idea I'm throwing around.