[Cob] insulation idea

Carl carl at ggpl.org
Sun Dec 21 15:48:40 CST 2003

Dear  all,

You should know of course that plastic is an environmental threat and
most man-made chemical contaminants like plastic intefere with hormones
in humans and wildlife and are one of the main reasons for using natural
building materials.  The EU has a goal of reducting is use of plastics
by the year 2005 by 20%.

An example the plastic used to make CDs is very bad.  You can send them
to HP.
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/gcreport/operations/waste.html

Don't use plastic baby bottles or plastic wrap for food its not safe.

Endocrine disrupting chemicals alter development of the fetus in the
womb by interfering with the natural hormonal signals directing fetal
growth. Their impacts, sometimes not detectable until years or decades
after exposure, include reduced disease resistance, diminished fertility
and compromised intelligence and behavior.  Mankind has no future if
hormone disruption  is not addressed.

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/

* New advances
<http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NewScience/lowdose/lowdose.htm> *in
toxicology that challenge basic assumptions about which chemicals are
safe and what exposures are tolerable.   The new paradigm indicates that
an entire generation of science used to examine chemicals for safety was
misguided, ignoring vital impacts at low levels of exposure, and likely
to have given false assurances of safety.