[Cob] mud brick Citadel in Bam

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 09:42:31 CST 2003

There is that, it could well be part of what has happened.   And you can
site your building so the hill won't come down on you.  Rounded walls with
buttresses, per Minke, work about as well as round.  But he did say that the
old style of building--really thick rammed earth--that had not been
practiced in the area he was talking about for some time, seemed to take
shock better than the thinner stuff, unless, of course, you went to really
flexible construction--e.g. wattle and daub.

I have no television reception here, and I haven't seen any recent pictures
from Bam.  What DID it look like?
Joe R. DuPont wrote:
I hate to say this... however.. it could be that the old surviving
buildings are on specific
locations that don't move as violently as other adjacent places. thus
they survive because of chance and good construction  but not just on
good construction.

Meanwhile other buildings are built where the past ones got destroyed
again and again.
such a concept isnot out of the loop.
Getting back to basics  round construction has to stand up much better
than rectangular.

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es