[Cob] mud brick Citadel in Bam

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 08:57:09 CST 2003

I agree. And just in case anyone thinks that conventional construction works
better, consider the Mexico City disaster of some years ago. (even though it
was widely noted that some of the high-rises that had failed
had--probably--not had as much attention paid to their construction as those
that had survived).

And check the Gernot Minke pamphlet.  He does say that in some South
American quakes, the old stuff survived better than the modern, depending on
building style, condition, etc.

http://www.gtz.de/basin/publications/books/ManualMinke.pdf
Quinn wrote (snipped):
Not to discourage anyone from reinforcement by any means, but if my
(dream/future) cob home were to last 3000 years I think I'd be content.  : )

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer.  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup