Some considerations when hiring (employees or consultants). These articles may appear to be self serving, of course they are! That doesn't make them incorrect, and they may still be of value to you regardless of who you hire. It is important to understand what you are getting for your money, regardless of whether you are hiring a janitor or a CEO:
- Rates versus value - Don't fixate too much on salary or hourly rates when hiring
- What does an employee cost? - You may be surprized at the actual price of an employee
In the past I have occasionally given presentations and written computer related articles. While these are fairly old, some of the information remains relevant today.
- Designing Your Own PC - Notes for presentation given to MWVLUG - 6/1/04
- Preserving Your Data - Outline of presentation given to MWVLUG - 12/2/03
- Firewall presentation - Given to local Linux User Group - 05/05/2001
- Linux/PC Virtual Computing - Outline of presentation given to Portland Linux User's Group (PLUG) - 2000 or earlier
- Virtual Computing Tips - Things which I have found to make virtual computing environments such as VMWare, Bochs, plex86, user-mode-linux, etc. more useful.