Nader Khalili

duckchow at ix.netcom.com duckchow at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 2 21:38:23 CST 1997

At 09:20 PM 1/1/97 +0000, the always-thinkin' Pat wrote:

>... I went ahead and sent off for Cal-earth's super adobe roll to attempt
>to build a doomed type structure.
>Anyone out there ever build with the adobe sandbag thing.

Pat -

	I haven't built with the adobe sandbag thing... sorry.

	As I understand it, Nader was inspired by earthen bakeovens that didn't
collapse and crumble in earthquakes the way everything else did; he
determined that they'd been fired from the inside & were incredibly strong.
Is that the Cal-Earth process? Build an earthen structure (apparently using
a big long sandbag?) and then fire it from the inside?

	Did you read Ceramic Houses? Would you recommend it?

	Besides the sandbag thing and domed shape, how does this differ from cob?