Cob Re: daubin' the wattle

M J Epko duckchow at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 21 10:22:45 CST 1998

At 09:34 AM 1/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>If you find any info on the wattle and daub method please post it to the
>list or send it to me.

	All I know about it is the very brief description from the Natural
Building Resources site, which I'll requote below.
http://www.zianet.com/blackrange/

*

Wattle and Daub

The technique of weaving branches (wattle) as a support for mud plaster
(daub) is perhaps the oldest of earthbuilding techniques and is still used
for traditional architecture in many parts of the world. Uncommon in the
U.S., it can be used in mild climates to create thin earthen walls, but
lacks the thermal mass or insulation desirable in other climates. An
intriguing use of wattle and daub is to create interior partition walls,
with a recent experiment using pulped paper to replace the daub.

      M J Epko        duckchow at ix.netcom.com
      almost Wyoming, north of Nebraska, USA
               by way of New Mexico
      (not soon enough) - for now, Minnesota

     Nothing is in reality either pleasant or
     unpleasant by nature; but all things
     become so through habit.
                    - Epictetus, Encheiridion