Cob street/road pavement

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Wed Mar 11 09:08:39 CST 1998

I have about 20 lbs of the "stabilizer" aka Physllium.
Planing to utilize it at some point for either earth plasters or the
earthen floors. A lot goes a long way from what I understand.
The mice seem to like it too! The got into the bag as it is located
in a storage room.
I'll try to give a report on it...mmmm maybe middle of summer or so..
God willing a the creek don't rise.

Pat

> From:          "Bob Bolles" <bbolles at cts.com>
> To:            <coblist at deatech.com>
> Subject:       Re: Cob street/road pavement
> Date:          Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:44:37 -0800

> Probably sillium (sp - don't have time to look it up ;-)
> It is used in Metamusal
> and "Hydro-spray" for erosion controle
>
> There has been some success when used for earthen floors
> There was a DIYS  TV show that I heard about where they sprayed it on
> compacted soil for driveways/walkways etc
>
> interesting stuff - a bit "pricy"
>
> Regards
> Bob
>
> ----------
> > From: Michael Blate <michaelblate at webtv.net>
> > To: coblist at deatech.com
> > Subject: Re: Cob street/road pavement
> > Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 4:29 AM
> >
> > Hello!  In regard to your question about streets: There is a material I
> > have heard about -- from a salesman for Stuckey Greenhouses, I believe
> > -- which, when sprayed directly onto (tamped?) earth, solidifies it and
> > makes it into "paving."
> >
> > It's an intriguing idea -- not only for roads, but also for cob walls,
> > no? -- but, maddeningly, I don't know more about it than that.  The guy
> > had promised to get back to me, but never has.  Maybe somebody on the
> > list has heard of it.  Be well!
> > Michael Blate
> >
> > Heal Yourself and Your Loved Ones Using
> > Only the Touch of Your Finger -- It Works!
> >      G-Jo Acupressure ... www.g-jo.com

    "I see nobody on the road," said Alice.
    "I only wish I had such eyes," the King
    remarked in a fretful tone. "To be able to
    see Nobody! And at that distance too! Why,
    it's as much as I can do to see real people,
    by this light!"
                     - Lewis Carroll,
                       Through the Looking-Glass