Cob A Test

Renewpwr at aol.com Renewpwr at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 22:10:00 CDT 1998

> I poured the super paper-mache mixture out onto the hardware cloth a little
>  at a time so that it would sorta clump and not run through.  A good portion
>  of the screenings had settled in the bottom of the bucket around the edges.
>  I did pour this out onto the top of the rest of it, then formed a rough
>  brick.  It appears that the brick will be almost in layers (mixing
problems)
>  of larger pieces of paper on the bottom up to smaller pieces on top and
then
>  a gritty mixture on top (the screenings).   The brick size right now, still
>  dripping, is 2" thick, 8" x 12".

That's one of the reasons a cement mixer may not work exactly either. The lawn
mower blade is intended to break up the paper into a slury that the cement
mixer alone cannot do. I have a small piece of FC brick that Allen made and
the paper particles are super tiny as a result of going through the blender. I
don't think I could achieve this by hand mixing too easily either. I'm going
to play with this my self some more.

Dave