Cob intro

Roberto Verzola rverzola at phil.gn.apc.org
Sat Jul 4 09:25:33 CDT 1998

My name is Roberto Verzola. I belong to the Philippine Greens and I
have also have a personal interest in ecologically-friendly building
methods. I am hoping soon to build a small addition to our modest
home, and I'm finding the discussions on this list very helpful. I've
read Alexander's _A Pattern Language_ and like it very much (he still
advocates light concrete as an ideal construction medium, though). I'm
mostly a listener now, but hope to contribute a few ideas later, when
I have more experience.

One question on cob and straw: how good are they at withstanding
rodents and other burrowing animals?

A small request: our e-mail costs are volume-dependent; it saves us
money if people took extra effort to delete unnecessary quotes when
replying. I realize that not all may take this extra trouble, but if
some were kind enough to do it, it still helps us keep the bills down.

Thanks, and warm greetings from the Philippines!

Roberto