Cob Wood

Speireag Alden speireag at linguist.dartmouth.edu
Fri Jul 17 19:26:55 CDT 1998

Howdy, all!

    I will be using local timber, cut on my property, for our house.  I may
be able to use some which are already down.

    I hear bug-killed vigas mentioned sometimes.  I also hear about
pine-borers and such.  Around here, the bugs will pretty reliably get into
the wood if you let it sit for a year (unless it's stored inside somewhere).

    How can you safely use such wood?  How do you get rid of pine-borers?
Do carpenter ants vacate after the wood is dry, or once they're started
into green wood, are they ensconced and must be poisoned out (or boraxed).

-Speireag.
Speireag Alden, aka Joshua Macdonald Alden
Joshua.M.Alden.91 at alum.dartmouth.org
Usually found somewhere in the wilds of New Hampshire.
Nach sgrìobhaidh thugam 'sa Gàidhlig?