Cob codes

andy gladish gladish at cnw.com
Sun Oct 11 22:54:57 CDT 1998

Otherfish at aol.com wrote:
the codes exist because there are a world of fools, theives & charlatains out

> there
> people who thru ignorance or greed that will build things that should not be
> built

But mostly because we let others build our homes, and we have no idea what
they're doing. The other part is that we consider land and homes to be a
commodity to be bought and sold, and we want to hold someone else responsible if
something goes wrong.
I applaud and admire your efforts and feel that you're doing extremely important
work, but my perspective may be a little different from yours, O-fish.
I have a family of five to house, and the last thing that I have time for is
playing games with the good ol' boys over at the county seat. When I began to see
an opportunity to build, I went to work with a builder and refreshed my skills. I
also took engineering and physics at the community college.
I've recieved a tremendous amount of support and encouragement from my community
in general, and until further notice, that's my building permit.
Keep up the good work!
Andy