Cob northern climates

rEBECCA KIRK beckykirk at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 9 18:30:26 CST 1999

Greetings from Michigan.  I am new to the list and also new to
construction of any kind.  I am hoping to build a small cottage on land
in Northern Michigan in the next few years and plan on attending a
cob-building workshop next summer with Becky Bee.

I was hoping to make my cottage cob, but am now hesitant as I hear that
cob can be too cold for us northern folks... I did search through the
archives on the topic, but didn't find any first hand accounts... only
theories about why it would or wouldn't work.  Anyone from "up north"
who knows first hand whether cob is a good plan for these parts?