Cob Need some *cob* help

Janet jbates at sowest.net
Mon Apr 5 05:46:37 CDT 1999

Happy Spring Greetings to Everyone!

I just joined the list and my children and I are really itching
to get started!

What I really need and can't seem to find on the internet is
some kind of basic recipe for cob that I can put together in our
backyard without the need of any equipment.  The closest that I
have been able to come to finding such a recipe also called for
the need of a cement mixer.

We're starting small and just wanting to get our hands *muddy*?
with something hopefully simple like a goat or chicken pen.

We are located in southern California and have access to lots
of dirt.  Actually it's more of a sand/dirt mixture but I'm
hoping that something can be made out of it without the need
of machinery.

Any and all suggestions and help would be most greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Janet