Cob Need some *cob* help

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Apr 5 04:20:19 CDT 1999

You don't need any machinary to make cob. Most folks I know don't use
machinary. To get you hands "muddy" go ahead and make some test bricks
and measure their length then measure them again and see how much they
shrank.

Next put some of your earth in a jar (1/3 full) then add another 1/3 of
water and shake. The sand will sink to the bottom, followed by silt
then clay. Clay is on top. 10 to 30 percent is good, but for small
project you have a lot of flexabilty. Let us know how it goes.

Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk