Cob: Re: cob walkways- use lime-the benefit

Michael Saunby mike at Chook.Demon.Co.UK
Tue Nov 2 16:39:30 CST 1999

On 02 November 1999 21:35, crtaylor [SMTP:tms at northcoast.com] wrote:
> Cement is
> said to contribute 4% of CO2 pollution to the earth, and since you see so
> many big honking freeways made of it we in the US are mostly responsible.
> which is why people are turning to lime in natural building.

For which the rest of the world thank you!

On the "Stabilisation of CO2 in the atmosphere"

"With unmitigated emissions, water resource stress due to climate change by
the 2080s is predicted to worsen in many countries (for example, northern
Africa, the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent) but improve in others
(for example China and the USA). Emissions leading to stabilisation at 550
ppm will reduce the number of people affected by water stress due to
climate change from about three billion to about one billion. Stabilisation
at 750 ppm has little effect on this total."
"By the 2080s, climate change and CO2 increases due to unmitigated
emissions are estimated to increase cereal yields at high and
mid-latitudes, such as Canada, China, Argentina and much of Europe. At the
same time, cereal yields in Africa, the Middle East and, particularly,
India are expected to decrease."
See http://www.met-office.gov.uk/sec5/CR_div/CoP5/
Did I ever say what I did for a living ;-)  Appologies for the lack of cob
content, I won't do it again.

Michael Saunby