Cob: Used Carpets

David Knapp renewables at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 08:17:22 CST 1999

To whom it may concern,
 My name is Bruce Eddings, I have been a carpet installer
for ten + years. I am not currently in the field, yet over
the course of my work with carpet I saw a need for a use of
the old carpets that were being removed from the apartments
that I worked in.  At least one pickup truck full per
installer per, per shop per day.  I am talking 10-15
installers and about 10-15 shops (100-150 truckloads
*5*52=26000-39000 truck loads annually) These loads range
from 100-500 pounds and consist mostly of high plastic
content used carpets.  I personally have found at least 5
different simple ways to make this free resource into a
viable, flexible and most of all abundant building
material.  Now I am not a scientist, engineer or even good
with marketing my only ambition is to harness this material
to create a lifestyle that is both responsible to the
environment and that will provide a decent income for myself
and others.

 Now here's my problem:
I have no connections and have no idea where to begin. I
have designed simple machinery and concepts and yet everyone
says it a good idea they don't know where to begin.  I came
across a website that mentioned your name and thought that
perhaps you might be able to help at least with some
suggestions on who to talk to or where to go.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  I believe that entire free
homes could be built from old carpet and from my research
there are many requests for a use of it.
Thanking you in advance for your help.

 Bruce Eddings

 mailto:beddings at uswest.net

 Or mail to: