Cob: Thin walls

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Fri May 5 08:18:51 CDT 2000

While  cobbing away yesterday my mind started to wander and wonder about building some small
cabin type rooms near our house for visitors. As I got tired I started thinking am I crazy! Then I
started thinking of designs which for use of a guest room / short term  visit / moderate weather
only / room that I wouldn't have to make the walls as thick. Thinking back to my time in Africa, I
figure making circular rooms would allow me to make the thinest walls. Then (I guess the mud was
really getting to my brain), I wondered  just how thin I could make the walls. I'm thinking maybe 3
or 4  inches thick.

Well back to work...
Pat
Pat Newberry