Cob: Thin walls

Cheryl Bailey cheryl-bailey at uiowa.edu
Mon May 8 11:54:01 CDT 2000

I have seen rondauvels (spelling?) in Africa and have seen some of their
stages of building.  The one's I saw are made by first lining up a row of
sticks (tree limbs) in a circle and then using that as a framework for
applying mud/straw mix.  The floors and outside are plastered with
manure/clay/sand mix.  Then the roofs are thatched.  I can't remember if
there are any supports for the roof--maybe there was a central pole that
reached to the apex of the roof.

Cheryl