Cob: Re: White crystals

marksaich marksaich at zoom.co.uk
Mon May 22 07:56:06 CDT 2000

The length of time that the effervescence perpetuates will depend on the
salinity of the sand (which from your reply sounds quite high) probably on
the amount of moisture in the wall and the weather and of course how much
effort you put into cleaning it. I afraid I have no exact details of how
long it will persist but I would have thought you'll be looking at a couple
of seasons to a year.
I haven't had time to look up any potential problems associated with this
but if I get a chance I will and get back to you.
Mark