Cob: Earthquake country blues!

DWells2530 at aol.com DWells2530 at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 09:25:35 CDT 2000

Hi Folks,

I live in Southern California and more and more am attracted to Cob as a
sound economical and environmental way to build our future "mansion". My
question is how well does Cob really stand up to a major earthquake. I see
all kinds of reference to Cob laid down over dry stacked rock foundations
etc. Just seems like a lot of work to risk a foundation like that? Even over
a poured foundation I have to ponder the merits. I would love to hear
anything at all positive for cobbuilding in our zone.

Thanks
Don Wells
There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The
 few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the
 electric fence for themselves.