Cob: rock core cob wall

ken skeen kenskeen at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:59:20 CDT 2001

Ben,

Thanks for the enlightening term "gabions"; lots of stuff on the net - a
good site = www.gabions.net.  Thier gabions are made from either zinc or PVC
coated steel wire.  Many applications including salt water use.  Still no
sites will state thier life expectancy, although one site described an
existing river bank gabion retaining wall in Italy that was built in 1893.
Perhaps when I build this structure I'll put a truth window in the cob to
keep an eye on the wire!