Cob: Re: Cob and Adobe

Vicki and David Wicker macmastr at cswnet.com
Sun Jul 15 08:16:56 CDT 2001

I think cob would be faster than adobe. Adobe you have the added steps of
forming the bricks, moving them somewhere to dry, then moving them to their
final resting place. With cob, you can mix close to the place you want it
and put it directly where it needs to be.
We also have a family (5) so have designed 3 more or less separate sections
of 575 sq feet. We had planned on adobe, but alas, our present house has a
buyer and we've got to be out in 5 weeks, so it's concrete blocks and wood
framing on this first section so we have something we can get into
immediately.