Cob: Re: bathtub in the kitchen

kathryn marsh kmarsh at iol.ie
Thu Jan 31 15:19:18 CST 2002

Bathtubs in the kitchen were normal in my young days - the cottage we
rented when first married had one.  And although it had a wc it was
in an outhouse. And I was raised with a zinc tub pulled in front of
the fire on Saturday nights - smallest member of the family first. We
tended not to sit too close to the kids in school who lived in the
rows of old mine cottages that had one earth outhouse for every six
houses and a stand pipe at the end of each street.

Welcome to 1950s England folks

kathryn