Cob: Natural Building/Cob Apprenticeship

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed May 29 17:11:29 CDT 2002

Interested in becoming a professional natural builder? Cob Cottage Co. has
two openings in the July intake for its apprenticeship program. We discuss
and practice every aspect of creating a natural building - from siting and
design through drainage, foundations, finishes and floors to living roofs.
The six-week intensive course, July 15-August 23, will train you to be an
all-round natural builder, for yourself or for other people. Apprentice
professionals then practice on natural buildings under experienced
supervision for a 6-month certificate. $2800 US for the course. Call us to
apply.

CCC is also offering a new course, Advanced Cob, July 1-6,  for contractors,
instructors, and people who want to know more about: cosmic geometry,
designing with cob, speedbuilding, problem analysis, advanced siting,
teaching technique and running workshops, cob detailing and building
assessment. Field trips to cob buildings. $480 US.

Both courses are offered at the site of the North American School of Natural
Building in Coquille, Oregon. For more information, see our website,
www.deatech.com/cobcottage, or call 541-942-2005 M-W-F 10-5 Pacific Time.