Cob: Insurance

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Aug 20 23:24:13 CDT 2002

Dona,
  I can only recommend a quick call to your insurance agent.  Tell him
the details and you should get a quick enough answer.   There are many
kinds of policies.  But, I would be careful, of escape clauses in the
insurance contract that might say, something to the effect that items
lost due to faulty or illegal buildings shall not be covered", or some
legalese to that effect.  Just tell the insurance agent all the details
and see what he has to say.  You might call more than one to get another
opinion.

 However, to insure the structure itself, I agree with you, it would
almost have to be a properly licensed structure.

Darel