Cob: age doesn't matter: was: Bermed cob

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Oct 5 21:35:08 CDT 2002

Hi Dorethy- welcome to the over 40 women-who-build club..I am no longer
surprised by how much energy there is in older adults who jump into
natural building.

as an example ( show won't mind my telling) I just came back from
helping to plaster a woman friend's SB barn---  she and hubby ( 60 and
62) have been living in a silver streak trailer and building a 2 story
SB horse barn BEFORE they start on the house, they get help from grown
kids, etc., but do most of it themselves, even to putting on a metal
roof with a steep pitch !

She flings mud plaster with the best of them and even engineered a great
multi level deck and stair with landings off the top story of the barn
..she knocks me out with her cheerful "go to it" energy and creativity.
 SO it doesn't matter your age..I even had one book customer who was
telling me he's building a garage first and some outbuildings before he
starts the real house..and he was 74....

the only caveat is to be good to your body and NOT overdo it. A little
bit of work every day gets the job done the same in the end...even
better cause you can figure out problems and solve them without just
jumping on the first solution...

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Eureka  CA 95534
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com