Cob: Inspectors

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 07:43:57 CDT 2002

Depending on what your inspector's like, Ianto Evan's book is  good, and he
is an architect, talks a lot about what will make cob work.  And there are
also the two pretty technical books on Earth Construction:  Earth
Construction--Houben and Guilaud, and Earth Construction Handbook--Minke.
Most of your sources for books will have the Evans, including Ms. Taylor
from Dirt Cheap Builders who posts here.  I got the last two--not
cheap--from Amazon. Might be handled as a donation to the department, not a
bribe to the inspector.  I always think books.  My mother owned one, I had
money in one once.

Olly wrote (snipped)

Ok, we have the land, we have the start time and we will have the money
(well, sort of!!) so we now also have a building inspector who wants to know
"what is cob?".