Cob: wattle & daub-workshop teacher in HI

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sun Oct 13 21:12:45 CDT 2002

To: Jamei Tierney <j.tierney4 at verizon.net>
CC: coblist <coblist at deatech.com>
Subject: Re: Cob: wattle & daub-workshop teacher

Hi Jamei, the best person to do such a workshop might be Steve Chappel
of Fox Maple builders in Maine... I know Maine sounds funny, but he has
land in Hawaii, and goes there a lot, also he teaches the wattle and
daub/wood chip clay wall infill method. ( he is teaching in NOV, a timber frame workshop..so call him!

he wants to build a home in HI for his family, tel:207-935-3720

The image I wanted to send but forgot you CAN't attach..sorry SHannon,,,can be seen at
http://www.papercrete.com/IMG03.JPG    (through IMG29.JPG -that last one is Steve Chappel checking the local clay)

Just paste in the URL above, and simply change the NUMBERS from 03 up to 29 to view each image. is from a workshop in OR showing a wattle and daub
test frame. They also did oak staves in a test frame to show people how
a clay-straw daub could be done.

anyway Steve travels and teaches and builds, but a 2 month notice may be
too short a time to ge him there.

Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Eureka CA 95534
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
707-441-1632

Joiners Quarterly and Fox Maple School of Traditional Building
<http://search.netscape.com/redir.adp?appname=MS&query=fox%20maple%20press&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2efoxmaple%2ecom%2f&datasource=Google&partner=Google&clickedItemRank=2&requestId=cns97493&component=websearch.google.http.tcl&searchType=MS&clickedItemType=MS&brand=NSCP&query=fox%20maple%20press&view=nscp_portal&channel=nscp_portal&source=&invocationType=->
Fox Maple Press 65 Corn Hill Road, PO Box249 Brownfield, Maine 04010
Phone (207) 935-3720 Fax (207) 935-4575 foxmaple at foxmaple.com. ...
http://www.foxmaple.com/