Cob: Cob insulation idea [Amanda]

Kim West kwest at arkansas.net
Tue Dec 17 15:21:49 CST 2002

Hi Amanda. The best way to get rid of the honeysuckle "pest" [most do consider it a pest], is to make a tea from it. It tastes very good and it has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. The tea can be made from honeysuckle alone, or mixed with other herbs more specific to the medical condition at hand. I used a tea of honeysuckle and heal-all for my 90-something year old neighbor who had an ulcer on his foot from diabetes that the doctors were unable to heal. It did heal after he started the tea "therapy". It can also be drank, warm, twice a day once the flu season starts to prevent the flu [I recommend adding the heal-all and some common mullein to it] or, if one has managed to come down with the flu before starting the tea "therapy" you can drink it more times per day and also add some Holly leaves to make you feel, and sleep, better. I started home schooling my children this year and the flu crept up on us unawares. I had no idea it was even going around. By the second day it had kicked by butt very badly so I made some of the tea. I didn't have the Holly in it though because I didn't want to go outside while already sick. I had the other ingredients already dried and in in my freezer. Anyway, 24 hours after starting the tea I was on my feet and well. Regrettably we ran out of butane on the two coldest days we've had this year. It was 26 degrees and 85% humidity, and so cold my toes were hurting! I had a relapse from the exposure to the cold but quickly recovered after re-starting the tea therapy. Moral to the story--start the tea therapy BEFORE you get sick; do not stop just because you get well in 24 hours; and don't let your butane tank get empty! LOL!

Kim