[Cob] Re: Washington, DC Thatching

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 06:40:15 CST 2004

       On January 8 we will be harvesting Phragmites australis for use as a
thatch on the children's playhouse. This is a nonnative invasive weed in the
United States, but it is the gold standard for thatching. Harvesting will be
done in cooperation with the Milton office of Nature Conservancy of Delaware.
       I will be getting directions and making final plans on the 5th. The
Phragmites must be harvested, cleaned, dressed and stacked in preparation for
thatching the children's playhouse.
       Anyone in the area wishing to help out should send me an E-mail or
call. Ed @ 703-360-2316.