[Cob] beatles in hard wood

orion walker orion_w at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:05:59 CST 2004

   Just a quick note to those doing post and beam structures as I'm
   planning.  I've heard from a neighbor that I trust, that hardwoods
   such as oak, madrone, and I would assume maple, are very susseptable
   the being eaten by beatles ( I don't remember the exact name).  Fir,
   according to my neighbor, is not susseptable, though it is liked by
   termites.  So if using fir it is wise to use recently harvested fir
   that has not been lying around near the ground where termites will get
   into it.

   perhaps others know more?
   Orion Walker
   PO Box 85
   Ukiah CA 95482
   (707)-272-2352

   Help STOP spam with [1]the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*