[Cob] Urban cob

Elizabeth juswanabe2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 19:11:02 CST 2004

I am curious to know if there have been any permitted cob buildings in urban areas.  I know people are building in rural areas without building codes; and that some people have obtained permits using drawings/plans signed off by an engineer, but I have the impression that most cob homes in the US are in rural wooded areas.  Anyone building in town?  (I don't mean adobe brick in the Southwest, but actual cob elsewhere.)

Elizabeth in WA