[Cob] Urban cob

W uwu at angelfire.com
Thu Feb 5 16:48:53 CST 2004

Hello Elizabeth- I do know of one that was permitted within city limits in Eugene, Oregon.  I believe it was permitted as a workshop or some such, non-residential in any case...  I don't have any more information on it, but I imagine the cob cottage company http://www.cobcottage.com/ may be able to provide contact info.

Miguel Salmoiraghi of Eugene has built a cob massage studio in Eugene (I'm fairly certain it is inside city limits) as well, but I'm not sure if it was permitted or not.

Hope this helps!

---
\\/.
http://www.MCTV15.org/

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:11:02
 Elizabeth wrote:
>I am curious to know if there have been any permitted cob buildings in urban areas.  I know people are building in rural areas without building codes; and that some people have obtained permits using drawings/plans signed off by an engineer, but I have the impression that most cob homes in the US are in rural wooded areas.  Anyone building in town?  (I don't mean adobe brick in the Southwest, but actual cob elsewhere.)
>
>Elizabeth in WA

This email address and other personal information is not available for commercial use of any kind, including but not limited to: sale, trade, share, rent or any other form of exchange.