[Cob] Anyone out there - check out the midwest

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Wed Feb 4 15:04:28 CST 2004

Hey,

Here in Madison, WI we have secured the go ahead to create a large educational Cob project at a local Co-op grocery (thanks goes to the People's Coop & Natural Building Colloquium in Portland for groundbreaking).

We are finalizing the design with them as we speak, but appears to be Cob courtyard walls with possible benches and bread oven. To our knowledge it will be the first major earthen building project in the city of Madison. (See www.outtathebox.org - click on New Event and view the proposal document - final project will be similar!)

Anyone interested in the upper midwest (or travel from who knows where too :) is invited to attend this Spring/Summer 04 education and exhibition, for free. Local advertising will be through the Willy St. Grocery Coop, local newspapers and EarthDay celebrations as well as internet sources. Contact info at outtathebox.org with questions.

Feel free to pass along info as it's posted to these listservs. Hooray for the Great Lakes!

Marlin Nissen

   info at outtathebox.org
   www.outtathebox.org
"There are solutions to the major problems of our time, some of them even simple. But they require a radical shift in our perceptions, our thinking, and our values."
   - [Fritjof Capra]