[Cob] Horray WI cob!- Becky Bee cob bench

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Feb 5 15:41:13 CST 2004

 Great going Marlin...it will be wonderful to imagine how many people on a weekly basis who will be influenced!!   Just seeing such a creation will help plant the seed.

Local shoppers and Citizens will spread the word, and drive-by  visitors will rubberneck, and hopefully get out  of the car, sit on the benches, smell the bread baking, and support the  grocery co-op  vs   buying at bigfoodcorp stores!!!

( did you mean there is a Portland in WI? or Portland OR?

as a note...I love the cob bench  designed by Becky Bee in Eugene OR at the Lost Valley  Education center..it has small broken blue tiles shaped like handprints embedded in the cob..so pretty, and adds a human 'touch' in many ways.

Speaking of Becky Bee...she will be our guest speaker on K-MUD radio on Feb 18th 10-12 on  our Women Building program

you can call in and ask questions of her ( local # 707/923-3911 )

OR EMAIL ME now  at books at dirtcheapbuilder.com  with specific con questions to ask Becky!!!

Monthly Radio Broadcast on K-MUD "Women    and Building"

                                     Discussing solar, cob, papercrete, alternative methods, codes, tools,
                                     plasters and more!

                                     Program: Women On Wednesdays

                                     Third WEDNESDAYs from 10AM -12 Noon- PST

Studio/Talk Show call-in: 707/923-3911

                                     www.kmud.org

Listeners can hear it in Humboldt County at 88.3 FM in north county,
                                     91.1 FM in the south;
                                     88.9 for Mendocino County. KMUD website, www.kmud.org
Also people from across the globe can hear it online at the website.
                                     www.kmud.org Real player required to listen.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.eurekareporter.com/Stories/cm-01050401.htm  << finding and testing clay
http://www.eurekareporter.com/Stories/cm-01190401.htm  << low cost  mixer tools