[Cob] Thanks for comment on wiring in bamboo

Mike Swink mswink77 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 13 22:43:21 CST 2004

I did see where the first conduit was hollowed out water oak logs that held buried cables underground.
They lasted with no problem.

With satellite dishes the cable known as r6 i think can be buried without conduit.

I did not get a real answer to anyone that has used bamboo as conduit. I thought it would be easy to replace or pull wires.
The idea that it runs in the wall in a groove does remind me of how we use to put styrofoam in concrete and once dried we poured solvent on it an dset it afire. The stryofoam would melt away and then we pulled wire through.

I still have not found a natural way to do this. and wish I could because there are endless uses of this technique.

I seen one house that put thier plumbing and wires in a way that most things like machines like washer and dryer was on the outside to include the ciruit box. The plumbing was able to be serviced on the outside but inclosed room. I never thought about vabration if it was a factor but this would keep those things on the outside even water heaters etc which could leak could be prevented from comeing into the home. Not to mention the current hazards that some homopathic doctors say exist.

I watch the first rings movie the other night. I really enjoyed the walls and windows. The one quote from this list or another really stuck with me.

His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all.
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, referring to The Last Homely House

If anyone suceeds to building a home and work enviorment that allows them time to explore a alternative device please contact me.
I have been studing air wells for almost a year. And would love jst to suggest like the EPA that airwells could be a safer way to get our water needs than wells with radon gas.
.