[Cob] can bamboo be used as wiring conduit ?

Nicholson, Louise Nicholson at sccompanies.com
Tue Feb 17 10:29:12 CST 2004

Just a thought on the bamboo subject.  It might make a nice 'conduit cover'
if the conduit was put inside the bamboo, the wire run through the
conduit/bamboo combination and the bamboo used as a decorative accent in the
room.  A natural looking, easily accessible method from running the wire,
and the natural look of the bamboo.  Don't know if this is what you are
looking for at all, but I like the idea, as I've been debating the proper
way to run my electrical wires through and along tire and cob walls without
making it necessary to tear out an entire wall if there is ever a problem.
I really like the idea.  Now to hear more about a question posted on another
list.  Is it possible to 'grow your own bamboo' and how
difficult/feasible/long of a process.

Louise
"Jill of all trades and mistress of none"