[Cob] stabilized earth balls

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Fri Feb 27 09:47:42 CST 2004

Yes, they were made by hand and they were placed by hand. Yes the stick to the bags as well as to each other, not really any different then if it was plaster.

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Pack McKibben [mailto:gakayaker at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 7:48 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: [Cob] stabilized earth balls

[snip]...the covering made from balls of stabilized earth made and placed one at a time.
[snip]...in this case it means cement is added...
               Pat

How are the balls made? by hand? or is a form of some kind used? Maybe plastic
grocery bags? How are they attached to the earthbags?  I have an earthbag foundation I want to cover in the most earth friendly, natural way and wonder if I could cover it with these stabilized earthballs.  Will they attach to the bags by themselves, or do I need some type of binder (like AE)?
pack
www.owlswamp.com